Gold Humanism Honor Society (GHHS) is pleased to announce that three chapters from around the world have joined the over 160 existing GHHS chapters. These schools were chosen in 2019 as part of a three-year pilot project to expand GHHS internationally.
We are now beginning the rigorous pre-application phase of our search for THREE additional international chapters to be approved in 2020. The timeline is as follows, without exception.
- September 30, 2019 – Deadline for the complete GHHS pre-application documentation.
- October-November 2019 – Review of your GHHS pre-application documentation by Advisory Council.
- December 2019 – GHHS staff to notify pre-applicants. No more than 20 schools will be selected for advancement in the process.
- February 1, 2020 – Deadline for the full GHHS application.
- March 30, 2020 – Newest three International GHHS Chapters to be notified of their selection.
Mandatory prerequisites for consideration include:
*Evidence of at least 3 years of White Coat Ceremonies
*Full accreditation by LCME, WFME or NCFMEA
*Evidence of curriculum/courses that include topics of patient-centered, humanistic treatment
*Letter from your dean supporting the establishment of a GHHS chapter and acknowledgment of an annual chapter fee (amount to be determined on an individual basis)
To complete a GHHS International Chapter Pilot Pre-Application digitally, please click here.
To download a GHHS International Chapter Pilot Pre-Application, please click here.