The Gold Student Summer Fellowship program offers opportunities for medical students to complete a research or service project related to community health, developing skills to become a compassionate, relationship-centered physician. Student Summer Fellowships:
- improve the health and lives of traditionally underserved populations
- focus on understanding and/or enhancing culturally competent care
- encourage collegial and interprofessional teamwork
- are creative, and designed and implemented by students
- encourage a lasting or systemic change
The grant award includes a stipend for a single project of up to $4,000 for a 10-week period.
Proposals are now being accepted for the 2022 Gold Student Summer Fellowships, with a deadline of March 20. Visit How to Apply for information on eligibility, selection criteria, the review process, and application materials.
Read about the 2021 Gold Student Summer Fellows.
The Gold Foundation champions humanism in healthcare, which we define as compassionate, collaborative, and scientifically excellent care. Grantees are expected to reflect these values in daily practice and to continuously strive to be exemplars of humanism in healthcare.
Contact Michelle Sloane at email@example.com with questions. For more information about the Gold Foundation programs or their status, please contact Director of Program Initiatives Louisa Tvito at firstname.lastname@example.org.