Grants of up to $1,500 are available to support sustainable GHHS chapter activities, programs, research, and educational projects that increase humanism in medical learning environments and decrease burnout in trainees and clinicians. Mentoring projects are particularly encouraged. (Please note that GHHS does not provide support for honoraria, speaker’s fees, or monetary donations to charities.)
Submit a 2-3 page proposal including the following:
- Online Grant Application
- State the goal and intended value of your project, including:
- What challenge do you hope to address?
- How do the goals of this project further the mission of GHHS?
- How will this increase humanism or decrease burnout in medicine on your campus?
- What do you want the participants to take away from this project?
- Describe project implementation including activities, number of GHHS members and others participating, targeted populations, and timeline.
- Explain the method you will use to evaluate the success/impact of the program.
- Provide a project budget with a narrative explanation.
- If you are a student submitting the grant proposal, a letter of support from a faculty mentor must accompany the application.
Final report guidelines:
- State original objective/goals of project.
- Describe project activities to date, include as appropriate the following: project managers/principal investigators, activities undertaken, participants and beneficiaries (include #s), publications, evaluation techniques and tools, results and conclusions.
- Were the objectives and goals met? Please explain.
- Was your project promoted at your institution? Please describe how and to what audience.
- Are there plans to continue the project? Can/should a similar project be replicated at your institution or elsewhere? How will this happen?
- Attach copies of printed materials, surveys, PowerPoint presentations, photographs, fliers or other materials created for project.
- Please be sure to include a 250-word (approximate) summary of the project and its accomplishments, along with contact name and email for inclusion on our website.
- Include an accounting of expenses.