The Arnold P. Gold Foundation Terms and Conditions (“Agreement”)
This Agreement was last modified on April 23, 2014
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Agreement”, “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using www.gold-foundation.org (“the Website”) and/or www.humanizingmedicine.org (“the Blog”) operated by The Arnold P. Gold Foundation (“APGF”, “us”, “we”, or “our”). This Agreement sets forth the legally binding terms and conditions for your use of the Website and the Blog.
The Website and Blog are complimentary information services offered by The Arnold P. Gold Foundation at no charge to users of the World Wide Web, with the express condition that these users agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in this User Agreement.
The Arnold P. Gold Foundation reserves the right to change these terms and conditions any time, and you must consult the most recent version of this User Agreement (not an older cached version) each time you view the Website. Use of this Website or Blog constitutes your acceptance of all of the following terms and conditions.
You must not use this Website or Blog in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or Blog or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the Website or Blog; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use this Website or Blog to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this Website or Blog without The Arnold P. Gold Foundation’s express written consent.
You must not use this Website or Blog to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use this Website or Blog for any purposes related to marketing without The Arnold P. Gold Foundation’s express written consent.
APGF’s Website and Blog are for informational purposes only and are not meant to serve as medical advice or to replace consultation with your physician. Use of our Website and Blog constitutes an agreement by the users not to hold APGF or any of its employees or officers liable or responsible for information posted to the Blog or other forums by persons or entities not associated with The Arnold P. Gold Foundation. You acknowledge that the information on the Website and Blog is provided “as is” for general information only. It is not intended as medical advice, and should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with qualified health professionals who are familiar with your individual medical needs.
When you join Blog discussions, you agree to abide by all these Terms and Conditions. We can remove any messages or solicitations that do not meet the standards of these Terms and Conditions.
Threatening, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, profane, obscene, abusive, harmful, sexually oriented, racially offensive, inaccurate, or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature, is prohibited.
Unlawful material, or any material that encourages or promotes conduct that constitutes a criminal offense, or might give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, Federal or international law or regulation, or encourage the use of controlled substances, is prohibited. Posting content or participating in any form of discussion with the intention to commit any illegal activity is strictly prohibited.
Limitation of liability
You agree that you will hold harmless The Arnold P. Gold Foundation and its officers, directors, employees, and volunteers from all claims arising out of or related to your access or use of, or your inability to access or use, this Website ad Blog or the information contained in this Website and Blog or other websites to which it is linked. This includes, but is not limited to, information or materials viewed or downloaded from this Website and Blog or another website to which it is linked that appear to you or are construed by you to be obscene, offensive, defamatory, or that infringe upon your intellectual property rights. In no event will APGF or the contributors of information to this Website and Blog be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on such information or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
You acknowledge that the opinions and recommendations contained in this Website and Blog are not necessarily those of The Arnold P. Gold Foundation or endorsed by us. APGF may provide links on the Website and Blog to other websites which are not under the control of APGF. In general, any website which has an address (or URL) which does not contain “The Arnold P. Gold Foundation” “gold-foundation.org”, “humanizingmedicine.org”, or “thegoldfoundation.org” is such a website. These links are provided for convenience of reference only and are not intended as an endorsement by The Arnold P. Gold Foundation of the organization or individual operating the website or a warranty of any type regarding the website or the information on the website.
Content usage policy
Unless otherwise indicated, all information contained on our Website www.gold-foundation.org and our Blog, www.humanizingmedicine.org or in written form including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, button icons, video or audio clips is proprietary to The Arnold P. Gold Foundation and may not be copied, reproduced, transmitted, displayed, performed, distributed, sublicensed, altered, stored for subsequent use or otherwise used in whole or in part any manner without The Arnold P. Gold Foundation’s prior written consent, except that the user may make such temporary copies in a single computer’s RAM and hard drive cache as are necessary to browse the Website, and, unless otherwise stated, the user may make one permanent copy of each page of the Website and Blog, brochure or booklet to be used by the user for personal and noncommercial uses which do not harm the reputation of The Arnold P. Gold Foundation. To obtain written consent contact us at email@example.com.
Once written consent is given in the form of a signed permission agreement, the following restrictions apply:
- The content may be used for informational, non-commercial purposes only.
- Any copy of content or portion thereof must include The Arnold P. Gold Foundation cite line as “copyrighted and published by The Arnold P. Gold Foundation, no part of this document may be reproduced without written consent.”
- The Arnold P. Gold Foundation has the right to revoke such authorization at any time, and any such use must be discontinued upon notice from us.
Electronic file sharing is fair use and is encouraged
In addition to the foregoing copyright policy which protects APGF’s Website and Blog from commercial exploitation by others, APGF has an overarching policy concerning file sharing on electronic media which encourages electronic downloading and sharing of copyrighted material on APGF public (non-password-protected) Website and Blog, conditioned only on including “copyright (or ©) The Arnold P. Gold Foundation (date)” under or above the material copied and shared. The date to be used is the date of the download. It is APGF’s mission to make evidence-based insights into the most effective clinical caregiver-patient relationships widely available through this procedure without sacrificing copyright protection. Thus, APGF permits electronic copying and sharing of all portions of its public Website and Blog and requests in return only the customary copyright acknowledgement, using that word or the circle c symbol and the date of the download.
In these terms and conditions, “your user content” means material (including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit to this Website and Blog, for whatever purpose.
You grant to The Arnold P. Gold Foundation a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to The Arnold P. Gold Foundation the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or The Arnold P. Gold Foundation or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
You must not submit any user content to the Website or Blog that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
The Arnold P. Gold Foundation reserves the right to edit or remove any material submitted to this Website or Blog, or stored on our servers, or hosted or published upon this Website or Blog.
Linking your website to the Arnold P. Gold Foundation’s website
APGF is dedicated to promoting the most effective clinical caregiver – patient relationships through education, research, grants, awards, programs and services. APGF therefore encourages and permits links to our Website and Blog that support this mission. As such, APGF allows external, hyper-text links to Websites, provided:
- any text-only link must clearly be marked “The Arnold P. Gold Foundation”;
- the appearance, position and other aspects of either the link or the host website may not be such as to damage or dilute the goodwill associated with The Arnold P. Gold Foundation’s name and trademarks;
- the appearance, position and other aspects of either the link or the host website may not create the false appearance that an entity other than The Arnold P. Gold Foundation is associated with or sponsored by APGF;
- the link, when activated by a user, must display this Website or Blog full-screen and not with a “frame” on the linked website. The Arnold P. Gold Foundation considers framing, the practice of intact reproduction of a page or pages of one website to another website, to be deceptive and a violation of The Arnold P. Gold Foundation’s copyright rights. No authorization or permission is given for framing our content, whether in whole or in part;
- The Arnold P. Gold Foundation reserves the right to revoke its consent to external links at any time at its sole discretion and require that said links are abolished; and
- The Arnold P. Gold Foundation reserves the right to require a reciprocal link to the linking site.
The Arnold P. Gold Foundation website and blog linking to external websites
Sponsors may be recognized on The Arnold P. Gold Foundation Website or Blog and may include the sponsor logo, link to the sponsor website, and a brief overview of the sponsor’s chief business activity. Internet-based sponsorship recognition will generally be limited to a sponsor section of the Website or Blog but may also include, in certain circumstances, recognition on the Website’s or Blog’s homepage and in other prominent areas.
The following guidelines will apply:
- Sponsors may post The Arnold P. Gold Foundation’s logo and a link to www.humanism-in-medicine or www.humanizingmedicine.org on the sponsor website. The logo use must conform to our Branding Guidelines and any requirement set out in written agreement. To ensure that most up-to-date logo is being used, logo must be requested from the foundation at the time it is needed.
- The Arnold P. Gold Foundation does NOT endorse companies, products or services and strictly prohibits the suggestion of endorsement, recommendation, or superiority of one company, product or service over another company, product or service.
- A Sponsor’s logo and link may not reside on The Arnold P. Gold Foundations program-related pages, with the exception of The Golden Thread or fundraising activities.
- When The Arnold P. Gold Foundation’s Website or Blog includes links to other sites, the APGF does not assume any responsibility or liability for any communications or materials available at the sites to which it links, including responsibility or liability for their accuracy. No link on APGF’s Website or Blog is a referral or endorsement of either the linked-to entity or any product or service.
- APGF will provide links from its Website and Blogs to others where there is mutual benefit, either formalized in an agreement or by an informal understanding.
Access to certain areas of this Website is restricted. The Arnold P. Gold Foundation reserves the right to restrict access to areas of this Website, or indeed this entire Website, at our discretion.
If The Arnold P. Gold Foundation provides you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of this Website, you must ensure that the user ID and password are kept confidential.
The Arnold P. Gold Foundation may disable your user ID and password in our sole discretion without notice or explanation.
We may terminate your access to the Website and/or Blog, without cause or notice, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with you. All provisions of this Agreement that by their nature shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
If you have any questions about this Agreement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.