POSITION: Director of Development
LOCATION: Englewood Cliffs, NJ
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Founded in 1988, The Arnold P. Gold Foundation (APGF) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that works with medical and nursing schools, and in hospitals and other professional settings across the U.S., to sustain the commitment of healthcare professionals to provide compassionate, collaborative and scientifically excellent patient care. Ninety-six percent of medical schools in the United States host at least one of the APGF’s programs, and we are rapidly expanding our Gold Humanism Honor Society, which now boasts 153 medical and graduate school chapters and 22,000+ members.
Responsibilities: The Director of Development (DD), works closely with the VP of External Affairs and the CEO, and serves as a key member of the fundraising team working with staff, trustees, donors and individuals as well as institutional members. Under the leadership of the VP of External Affairs, and in coordination with the SVP of Programs, the DD will provide strategic analysis of funding opportunities and funder’s priorities to position the organization to increase financial support from foundations, individuals, corporations and other strategic partners. The successful candidate will play a critical role on the team building the financial base for future growth.
- Support and advise the Organization in executing its strategic plan for fundraising
- Conduct an analysis of constituent groups with the purpose of making recommendations regarding the expansion of the prospect pool
- Research prospects and categorize their likely involvement in the APGF mission
- Identify and manage a portfolio of gift prospects capable of making gifts of $1,000 or greater.
- Develop and implement strategies to engage cold relationships and move them through the donor commitment continuum to a gift conversation.
- Meet with, and qualify, potential major gift funders and current donors
- Participate in the development of individualized cultivation strategies for key prospects
- Execute solicitations and provide coaching to staff members involved in the fundraising process
- Contribute to the drafting and polishing of funding proposals
- Lead APGF in accountability to its foundation and corporate supporters through timely reporting. Including working with relevant staff to obtain needed information to create proposals and reporting as required by the funder.
- Serve as an advisor to the President and Senior Vice President for External Affairs; to provide mentorship and coaching to the External Affairs and Program staff
- Liaise with the Chairman of the Board Development Committee and the Founders regarding fundraising activity as needed and directed by the CEO and VP of External Affairs
- Review internal fundraising practises to identify processes that could be made more efficient or effective such as gala management, gift acknowledgement and Raisers’ Edge use
- Attend and present at Board meetings where appropriate
- Significant experience of 3 years or more in development
- Experience in grant and proposal writing, with a successful track record in securing grants
- Excellent communications skills, including presentation and writing skills and presence to articulate the APGF mission.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement successful fundraising strategies and systems.
- Passion to advance the mission of the foundation.
- Highly-developed ability to quickly form relationships with colleagues, trustees, current and prospective donors at all levels.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Minimum BA/BS required
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and a fast-paced, collegial environment.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: email@example.com
For information about the APGF, please visit https://www.gold-foundation.org