If you are interested in writing a guest post for our blog, here are the basics you will need to know:
- Posts for this blog are best at 500-700 words long. 750 is the maximum if you really need to give it more depth. If you have more to say, consider breaking your thoughts into a series of several posts.
- Try to think of what the headline might say. What story is going to catch people’s eye in the midst of the sea of information they are faced with every day?
- Posts about your experience as a patient or health professional should be written in the first person.
- Posts about research or theory should be written in the first person to convey your findings or opinion. Avoid acronyms and language that is overly formal or academic. Many of these blog posts can benefit from headings, bullet points or numbered lists.
- You do not have to interact with the blogging program at all; just send your text in a word document to the email address below.
- Please include a short bio (1-2 sentences) and a headshot.
- Before it is posted, your text will be edited and returned to you for approval or further changes. The most typical edits are for length, clarity, blog-friendly formatting and story flow. Your text will not be posted without your final approval.
To discuss your ideas or submit your entry, email Brandy King, Head of Information Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.