Deepen your skills. Participating in this 5-day, retreat-like workshop will enable you to advance your teaching skills and energize your clinical work through greater attentiveness, self-awareness, teamwork, and self-monitoring in stressful and demanding clinical situations.
Energize your clinical work and teaching. You will develop greater expertise, self-awareness, deep listening and resilience in your role as clinician and teacher. You will help yourself and your future students find joy, provide compassionate care and navigate stressful and demanding situations that clinicians face daily.
Clarify and focus on your own learning needs. We create a learner-centered environment that helps you define and realize you own learning goals, and we promote a learning community in which you will learn from facilitators and colleagues through in individual, small group and large group sessions. Limited to 24 participants.
A participatory, hands-on program that combines didactic presentations and practical training in conducting experiential exercises using narratives, appreciative interviews, inquiry-oriented discussions, and contemplative practices such as mindfulness meditation. You will receive guidance in teaching and facilitation skills in large- and small-group settings.
Designed by physicians for medical practitioners (physicians, NPs, PAs) and others involved in medical practice and medical education.
Implement Mindful Practice® programs. You will learn how to implement programs in medical education and healthcare institutions.
A world-wide reach. Connect with Mindful Practice® facilitators from over 20 countries.
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Articulate principles of and evidence supporting mindful practice programs.
- Demonstrate skills in introducing, guiding, and embodying individual contemplative practices.
- Demonstrate skills in introducing and conducting key interpersonal elements of mindful practice programs, including salon, narrative exercises, appreciative interviews, and inquiry.
- Demonstrate teaching and facilitation skills in large-group and small-group settings.
- Demonstrate how to anticipate and respond to commonly encountered learner difficulties during mindful practice programs.
- Describe ways of incorporating mindful practice into healthcare institutions.
*Facilitator Training Workshop Eligibility Requirements:
- Prior attendance at a Mindful Practice® Workshop of 20 hours or more. This requirement can only be fulfilled by having attended a virtual or residential, 4-day Mindful Practice® workshop (residential options include: Chapin Mill Retreat Center, or similar workshops in Norway, Sweden, Hong Kong or the Netherlands)
- Active meditation practice
- Experience teaching health profession students, residents and/or practitioners
The University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry designates this live activity for a maximum of 31.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.