The Gold Foundation is a healthcare-related 501(c)3 with a small staff, yet wide and influential reach in the healthcare industry. The Foundation champions humanism in healthcare. We work to ensure that healthcare professionals provide compassionate, collaborative, and scientifically excellent patient care. We are well known in academic medical and nursing education as change agents. We are expanding our reach with corporate partners, foundations, hospitals, and community health centers empowering leaders to create systems and cultures that support humanistic care for all. The Foundation has a positive workplace culture that is welcoming, collaborative and rewarding. We also value a healthy work-life balance for our employees.
The Gold Foundation has a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and anti-racism, values rooted in our mission of humanism in healthcare for all. We are building a diverse team, and we encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Job Description: We are seeking a mature, self-motivated individual who is interested in a career in healthcare, potentially someone who has recently graduated college or is in a gap year. This entry-level position will report directly to the Chief of Staff supporting her on administrative duties involving all facets of the organization including programs, development and operations. We are seeking an inquisitive, enthusiastic individual who is interested in learning about the inner workings of the medical and nursing professions from an educational and administrative viewpoint. The candidate will interact on a regular basis with our President/CEO on special projects, as well as with our board members, senior staff, and constituencies. Therefore he/she should be poised and professional. This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain an understanding of various healthcare professions, particularly the importance of humanism in healthcare.
This is a full-time, one-year paid internship with hours from 9:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday. This position is based out of The Gold Foundation’s office in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, minutes from the George Washington Bridge. Work is currently remote with the expectation of being available to meet in-person at the office, as needed.
· Completed or working toward a higher education degree
· A self-starter
· Technologically savvy. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and social media platforms
· Knowledge of WordPress, GIFTS, and/or Razor’s Edge a plus
· Ability to travel (some travel may be required)
· Ability to perform research independently
· Effective written and verbal communications skills
· Excellent organizational skills
· Detail-oriented and well organized to effectively support projects such as conference planning
· Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a collaborative environment
· Health benefits including medical, dental, vision, long term disability and life insurance after 3-month introductory period
· Generous 403b employer match plan after 3-month introductory period
· Excellent holiday and vacation schedule
How to Apply: Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume via email to HR@gold-foundation.org