Do you believe that humanism is essential to good healthcare?
At The Arnold P. Gold Foundation, we do. As a nonprofit organization, we work to ensure humanism is infused into healthcare. Compassion, respect, good listening, collaboration – these are not simply nice to have when you are sick or hurting. They are not extras. They are critical.
Join us in this mission by becoming our new Communications Associate.
We are seeking someone who believes deeply in our work – a humanistic, enthusiastic communications professional who can juggle multiple projects and keep them on track. The ideal candidate will know their way around both semi-colons and tweets.
The Gold Foundation is a nonprofit organization based in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, just outside of New York City. We are a small, busy team that supports myriad programs, including the Gold Humanism Honor Society, the White Coat Ceremony, councils for medical schools and hospitals, as well as a Gold Corporate Council.
The Gold Foundation is seeking a full-time Communications Associate to assist with amplifying our work, including updating the website and social media, writing and editing, creating emails, and much more.
You will report to the Associate Vice President of Communications and collaborate with staff members across the foundation.
Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Writes announcements about our programs and related events that capture the far-reaching impact of our work;
- Updates our website (WordPress) with new announcements, videos, program deadlines, events, blog posts, etc., ensuring webpages are up to date and our homepage reflects the most recent news and messages;
- Drafts newsletters and other email communications (using Constant Contact) and proofs other staff members’ email marketing drafts with keen attention to detail;
- Serves as a communications gatekeeper, helping catch and fix grammatical errors, typos, broken links, misspellings, outdated language, etc.;
- Coordinates and edits blog posts and other writing from outside contributors;
- Assists with marketing campaigns;
- Assists with creating presentations, including PPT and speeches;
- Works with program and development staff members to clarify and amplify their news and messages;
- Creates images using Canva for social media campaigns, our website, and other materials;
- Helps organize and update written materials;
- Creates social media posts and monitors social media, engaging and supporting our community;
- Jumps in as needed on other projects, bringing fresh ideas and a willingness to figure out new realms.
- 1-3 years of communications experience
- Pro-active and independent worker who is also a great team member
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Experience with social media – especially Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram – and a willingness to learn new platforms and programs
- Impeccable organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ability to help keep priorities and deadlines on track
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and adjust focus to meet deadlines
- Willingness to jump into new projects
- Professional, gracious, and helpful attitude
- Optional but helpful: experience with video-editing or production, photography, photo editing, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, email marketing, marketing metrics, media outreach.
How to Apply:
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications Associate: Your Name” in the subject line:
- Your resume;
- A cover letter with the reasons why you want to help elevate humanism in healthcare and your “superpowers” – those areas in which you excel – as well as areas in which you are interested in growing;
- Examples of your writing and social media posts. Any other media examples (such as videos, podcasts, newsletters, articles) would be welcome;
Job Type: Full time with generous benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation and holiday days, and a 403b retirement savings option with partial employer match. All positions are currently remote, but the team will be returning to the office post-pandemic. The Gold Foundation is located in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, right over the GW Bridge from New York City.