The Arnold P. Gold Foundation is dedicated to Keeping Healthcare Human. The Foundation has a small staff, a wide reach and ambitions to grow. We work to ensure that healthcare professionals provide patient care that is as compassionate as it is technologically sophisticated. We are well known throughout the U.S. in academic medical education and have recently expanded our programs into nursing colleges and to other health providers in training and in practice.
Intern, Humanism in Healthcare
The Organization: Founded in 1988, The Gold Foundation is a nonprofit 501c (3) organization that champions humanism in healthcare, which we define as compassionate, collaborative, and scientifically excellent care. This Gold standard of care embraces all and targets barriers to such care. We empower experts, learners, and leaders to together create systems and cultures that support humanistic care for all.
Job Description: We are seeking a self-motivated individual who is interested in a career in healthcare, potentially someone who has recently graduated college or is in a gap year. This entry-level position will report directly to the Chief of Staff and support her in administrative duties involving all facets of the organization, including programs, fundraising, business development and operations. We are seeking an inquisitive, enthusiastic individual who is interested in learning about the inner workings of the medical and nursing professions from an educational and administrative viewpoint. The candidate will interact on a regular basis with our President/CEO on special projects, as well as with our Board members and constituencies. Therefore, he or she should be poised and professional. This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain an understanding of various healthcare professions and the importance of humanistic healthcare.
- Completed or working toward a college degree
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and social media platforms
- Knowledge of Word Press, GIFTS, and/or Quickbooks and Razor’s Edge a plus.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills
This is a remote, part-time, paid internship currently. Our goal is to return to our office in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, in September 2021.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Intern, Humanism in Healthcare” in the subject line
Join the Communications & Marketing Team
The Gold Foundation is seeking freelance communications & marketing team members to assist with various projects, including writing and editing, website updates, social media, and marketing.
You will report to the Associate Vice President of Communications and work with other staff members as needed.
Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Writes announcements about our programs and related events;
- Updates our website with new announcements, videos, program deadlines, blog posts, etc.;
- Edits blog posts and other writing from outside contributors;
- Assists with marketing campaigns;
- Assists with presentations, including PPT and speeches;
- Creates images using Canva for social media campaigns, our website, and other materials;
- Helps organize and update written materials;;
- Creates social media posts and monitors social media.
- Jumps in as needed on other projects.
- 1-3 years of communications experience;
- Pro-active and independent worker who is also a great team member;
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Experience with social media – especially Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram – and a willingness to learn new platforms and programs;
- Impeccable organizational skills with great attention to detail;
- Ability to help keep priorities and deadlines on track;
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task, and prioritize work assignments to meet deadlines;
- Willingness to jump into new projects;
- Professional, gracious, and helpful attitude;
- Optional but helpful: experience with video-editing or production, photography, photo editing, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, email marketing, marketing metrics.
How to Apply:
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications/Marketing: Your Name” in the subject line:
- Your resume;
- A cover letter with the reasons why you want to join our team and your “superpowers” – those areas in which you excel, as well as areas in which you are interested in growing;
- Examples of your writing and social media posts. Any other media examples (such as videos, podcasts, newsletters, articles) would be welcome;
Job Type: Part-time by project or by hour; all positions are currently remote.
The Arnold P. Gold Foundation has revitalized our volunteer program for 2021 with the aim of introducing a new generation of young people to the world of healthcare. This program provides our volunteers with an opportunity to learn about the nonprofit sector in healthcare across all the different departments of administration, programs, business development, communications and fundraising. This is ideal for anyone interested in pursuing a career in healthcare beginning at the high school level through post graduate school.
Volunteering at the Gold Foundation is multi-faceted. Tasks could include assisting with programmatic activities, supporting our communications and marketing efforts through social media and blog posts, interacting with our Board members and constituencies, and working alongside our finance department, as well as coordinating activities with our donors on our special events and appeals.
Specific tasks and assignments are based on each volunteer’s interests and skills. Our volunteer opportunities are available for both in-person (once our office opens in the Fall of 2021) and remote.
If you are interested, please email your resume and a cover letter sharing why you are interested in the Gold Foundation and its mission to Diane Asciutto at email@example.com.