Intern, Humanism in Healthcare
Job Description: We are seeking a self-motivated individual who is interested in a career in healthcare, potentially someone who has recently graduated college or is in a gap year. This entry-level position will report directly to the Chief of Staff and support her in administrative duties involving all facets of the organization, including programs, fundraising, business development and operations. We are seeking an inquisitive, enthusiastic individual who is interested in learning about the inner workings of the medical and nursing professions from an educational and administrative viewpoint. The candidate will interact on a regular basis with our President/CEO on special projects, as well as with our Board members and constituencies. Therefore, he or she should be poised and professional. This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain an understanding of various healthcare professions and the importance of humanistic healthcare.
- Completed or working toward a college degree
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and social media platforms
- Knowledge of Word Press, GIFTS, and/or Quickbooks and Razor’s Edge a plus.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills
This is a remote, part-time, paid internship currently. Our goal is to return to our office in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, in September 2021.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Intern, Humanism in Healthcare” in the subject line
Do you believe that humanism is essential to good healthcare?
At The Arnold P. Gold Foundation, we do. As a nonprofit organization, we work to ensure humanism is infused into healthcare. Compassion, respect, good listening, collaboration – these are not simply nice to have when you are sick or hurting. They are not extras. They are critical.
Join us in this mission by becoming our new Communications Associate.
We are seeking someone who believes deeply in our work – a humanistic, enthusiastic communications professional who can juggle multiple projects and keep them on track. The ideal candidate will know their way around both semi-colons and tweets.
The Gold Foundation is a nonprofit organization based in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, just outside of New York City. We are a small, busy team that supports myriad programs, including the Gold Humanism Honor Society, the White Coat Ceremony, councils for medical schools and hospitals, as well as a Gold Corporate Council.
The Gold Foundation is seeking a part-time or full-time Communications Associate to assist with various projects, including writing and editing, website updates, social media, and marketing.
You will report to the Associate Vice President of Communications and work with other staff members as needed.
Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Writes announcements about our programs and related events
- Updates our website (WordPress) with new announcements, videos, program deadlines, blog posts, etc.
- Edits blog posts and other writing from outside contributors
- Assists with marketing campaigns
- Assists with presentations, including PPT and speeches
- Creates images using Canva for social media campaigns, our website, and other materials;
- Helps organize and update written materials
- Creates social media posts and monitors social media
- Jumps in as needed on other projects
- 1-3 years of communications experience
- Pro-active and independent worker who is also a great team member
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Experience with social media – especially Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram – and a willingness to learn new platforms and programs
- Impeccable organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ability to help keep priorities and deadlines on track
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task, and prioritize work assignments to meet deadlines
- Willingness to jump into new projects
- Professional, gracious, and helpful attitude
- Optional but helpful: experience with video-editing or production, photography, photo editing Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, email marketing, marketing metrics, media outreach
How to Apply:
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications Associate: Your Name” in the subject line:
- Your resume;
- A cover letter with the reasons why you want to help elevate humanism in healthcare and your “superpowers” – those areas in which you excel – as well as areas in which you are interested in growing;
- Examples of your writing and social media posts. Any other media examples (such as videos, podcasts, newsletters, articles) would be welcome;
Job Type: Part time or full time. All positions are currently remote, but the team will be returning to the office in Fall 2021. We will consider remote employees.