Director, Humanistic Healthcare Practice
The Arnold P. Gold Foundation (APGF) is a growing healthcare-related 501 (c)(3) with a small staff and wide reach. The Foundation works to ensure that healthcare provision is as compassionate as it is technologically sophisticated. We are well known throughout the US in academic medical education and have recently expanded our programs into nursing as well as other healthcare systems and providers in training and practice.
We have embarked on a 5 year strategic plan to expand and grow our footprint that includes working with corporate partners, foundations, and hospitals to facilitate implementation of humanistic, compassionate, and co-produced healthcare.
The Arnold P. Gold Foundation’s overarching goal is to create the Gold Standard in healthcare – compassionate, collaborative, and scientifically excellent care – and to support clinicians throughout their careers, so the humanistic passion that motivates them at the beginning of their education is sustained throughout their practice. We strive to ensure that care and respect always govern the relationship between practitioner and patient.
We are currently seeking a Director with hospital and healthcare system experience to facilitate business development and implementation support for APGF identified strategies to facilitate compassionate, collaborative care. The successful candidate will support corporate, hospital, and healthcare system partners in developing and implementing this work.
Primary Responsibilities for this full-time, New Jersey-based position:
APGF is working with corporate partners, as well as rolling out initiatives with more traditional hospital and healthcare system partners to facilitate uptake and implementation of strategies that are known to enhance communication, collaboration, and compassionate care.
To further this work, a Director is sought to facilitate the growth and development of best practice strategies that facilitate humanistic healthcare practice with both corporate and more traditional partners. The Director will identify and oversee strategic initiatives to implement best practice strategies in humanistic healthcare, as well as engage new partners throughout the healthcare ecosystem.
- Lead Communications and Coordination with partner organizations
- Liaison with corporate leaders
- Coordinate meetings & manage logistics
- Business Development
- Expand our footprint with corporate, hospital, and other healthcare partners via outreach to new organizations
- Develop personal rapport with potential and actual implementation sites to better understand system needs and service requirements.
- Support quality of outreach and implementation success by developing and understanding healthcare system/organization and implementation team philosophies and standards of care
- Create and optimize collaborative opportunities
- Develop and support implementation of programs and initiatives that strengthen humanistic practice
- Product Development
- Develop written materials and guidance documentation, and provide training, support, and coordination for programs
- Develop written and web-based materials to facilitate implementation of programs and new strategies
- Provide on-site consultation, training, and support to health systems who are implementing the best practice strategies
- Help to develop surveys and other feedback mechanisms to track implementation outcomes and recommend programmatic and/or implementation adjustments in response
- Use feedback and survey data from implementation sites to further inform our program offerings and update program materials and content accordingly
- Provide information to health care teams by answering questions and requests
- Maintain a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Business related degree preferred, advanced healthcare degree will be considered;
- At least 5 – 7 years related healthcare experience;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and ability to work autonomously;
- Strong problem solver with a “can-do” attitude;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Competent with Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel);
- Some travel required;
- Self-starter who works proactively.
Salary commensurate with experience. To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.