Apply or nominate a GHHS Trainee member today!
The GHHS Nominating Committee is actively seeking Trainees (Student, Resident, Fellow) who have a serious interest in the flourishing of humanism in healthcare through the Gold Humanism Honor Society to serve on the GHHS Advisory Council. The requirements for the Advisory Council members are as follows:
- Trainee applicant must be a member of GHHS.
- Trainee members will serve a one-year term starting June 1, 2023 (*term is renewable up to two times.)
- Members must attend four virtual Advisory Council meetings each year.
- It is the expectation that Trainee members serve on a GHHS Sub-committee. Sub-Committees meet one time per month. Sub-committees include: Program Committee, Chapter Affairs Committee, After Medical School Committee, and Medical Student/Resident Wellness Committee.
- Trainee members help to support and lead meetings of the Student Leadership Forum.
The deadline for nominations is March 20 at 5pm ET
The deadline for applications is March 27 at 5pm ET
*Please note that self-nominations are welcome.
We will first contact all individuals who were not self-nominated to ask them if they would be willing to serve. Those who agree will be required to complete the application on our website highlighting sections that reflect their leadership experience and participation in relevant activities
The Application contains the following questions:
- Why do you wish to serve on the GHHS Advisory Council?
- What experiences will you bring to the GHHS Advisory Council that will advance the mission of GHHS? Please submit responses in the categories below where applicable: a) significant leadership roles at the local and/or national level; b) participation in projects in medical school, residency or beyond that encouraged a culture of compassionate care for patients and/or health providers; c) creative solutions you came up with after being faced with a problem related to a humanistic experience in a clinical setting
- What do you believe GHHS should accomplish in the next three years?
If you would like to apply, please click here.
If you’d like to nominate someone, please click here.