Here are the 11 articles from 2015 that resonated the most with our Facebook community. They prove simultaneously that humanism is alive and well, and that we must work to strengthen it even further. Follow us on Facebook to keep up with the Foundation’s work and see more great articles like these.
Humanism is alive and well…
- Popping the Question from Pulse — voices from the heart of medicine
- Heart-Wrenching Photo of A Doctor Crying Goes Viral. Here’s Why. from KevinMD
- How I Learned to Be a Doctor by Being a Waiter from Neurotransmitting
- Family Doctors Who Do More, Save More from NPR
- Miss Colorado Skips the Song And Dance, Talks About Nursing from YouTube
- Harvard Joins Growing Trend of Arts Education In Medical Schools from The Boston Globe
…and our work to strengthen humanism even further is necessary.
- When Medical Care Is Delivered in 15-Minute Doses, There’s Not Much Time For Caring from The Washington Post
- Doctors in Training Face High Risk Of Depression from STAT
- In Graphic Detail, Medical Journal Describes ‘Heavy Overtones’ of Sexual Assault In Operating Room from The Washington Post
- Rudeness in Medical Settings Could Kill Patients from New York Magazine
- Care and Keeping Of Your Medical Student (For Non-Med Folks) from in-Training
This post was written by Brandy King, Head of Information Services at The Arnold P. Gold Foundation Research Institute